We carry out a whole range of test procedures for you. Examples of the most common adhesive laboratory work include:
- Tensile shear tests: the tensile shear test tests the adhesive strength and the fracture behavior of adhesive bonds.
- Fracture pattern analysis: we rely on forensic methods to create fracture patterns of adhesive connections including evaluation. These analyzes can also provide information on the extent to which the bonded materials (wood, plastics, etc.) influence the formation of fractures.
- Peel tests: this test checks the cohesion of bonded sealing seams under load. “Peeling” is usually the term used to describe the separation of two sheets that have been sealed together. What is particularly important here is the so-called peeling behavior, which provides information about the required adhesive strength by analyzing the fracture path and the propagation of the crack.
- Shore hardness determinations: these laboratory tests are mainly carried out in connection with elastomers, soft thermoplastics and polymers. Here, the depth of penetration of a sharp or blunt foreign body into a test body is measured. For example, the required temperature-dependent or temperature-independent hardness of an adhesive can be determined.
- Aging tests: Here, the long-term bond strength and aging resistance of various adhesives are examined.
- FT infrared spectroscopy: With this high-precision process, the material properties of adhesives can be checked under various influences and reproduced graphically.
- Test specimen creation: Special test specimens are required for many laboratory work. These are standardized depending on the task and have precisely defined properties. We manufacture all test specimens for adhesive tests ourselves.
Your workload will be comprehensively relieved – we only need the adhesives or components you have already selected. For these we prepare all the necessary adhesive samples and carry out tests according to your specifications. In the few cases where our capacities are insufficient (extremely large components, all laboratories full, etc.), strong partners with special systems are available. At the end of all laboratory tests you will of course receive a clear and comprehensible evaluation along with our recommendation.
Use our laboratory work for the adhesives industry to optimize processes, to guarantee the safety of employees and customers and to achieve the best possible results with adhesives.